Thursday, June 17, 2010

Favorite Tool: Wax Carving Tools

I have lots of sculpting tools. Some are handmade, some are not. I will show them to you in future posts but first I wanted to show you my very favorite, wax carvers. They are stainless steel and some of them look very much like dental tools.

wax carvers


I bought my set on ebay back in 2002 (you can find them in art supply stores too) and have used them daily ever since. I remember looking at the image on the listing page before clicking buy-it-now and thinking I would never use that one that is second up from the bottom. It is the one I use the most. Funny how things work out like that.

Here are a few things that I have made using these tools....

wip magnet

bitchy peas necklace

pixie

Visit ColtPixy.artfire.com

2 Smooshing Thoughts:

Unknown said...

Isn't if funny how that happens? Think you don't need something or won't use it and can't live without it....Just love your work.

coltpixy said...

Thank you!