Monday, November 23, 2009

Polymer Clay Smooshers Introduce thehippiecouple

thehippiecouple




What got you interested in polymer clay as a medium?
we were painting and had been for awhile. I told phoenix "man,I wish I could make a painting that I could touch and play with more" about 2 weeks later we seen polymer clay at michaels so we picked some up and started to get deep off in it and have been in love with it ever since.

What inspires you to create?
My mind, I've always had these images in my mind but no real way to get them out exactly as they appear. Now with polymer clay the limits are endless. I can finally show everyone what I see.

Do you have a favorite technique?
No, I try any and everything just to see what happens.

Of everything you have created which is your favorite?
This new framed piece I urge everyone to read the inspiration behind it.

framed polymer clay art


What do you prefer to make out of polymer clay and why?
Framed polymer clay art right now I can move it swirl it and just lose myself in it for hours.

How do you decide what to make?
I sit down and let it happen. I feel I am connecting with an unseen energy when I create. I never have any thing planned I just let whatever wants to come out, come out.

Is there something you wish you could make in clay that you have not yet?
an entire wall piece would be great.

What makes polymer clay a better fit for your products than other mediums?
The way it moves and flows with everything. Life is about finding your flow the point at which you can do or create something without thinking about it. It just flows.

What is your best advice for someone starting out in polymer clay?
Play with it ,enjoy it, let go of all your inhibitions and just see what happens.

Visit thehippiecouple.artfire.com

0 Smooshing Thoughts: