Sunday, April 3, 2011

Introducing MyPAD


MyPAD


What got you interested in polymer clay as a medium?
I used to be a silk artist. I had moved to a much smaller place and no longer had the room to continue painting on silk. I saw many photos of polymer clay art online and was fascinated so I gave it a try and have been happy ever since.

What inspires you to create?
I dream about claying and new ideas come that way or when I first wake up an idea pops into my head.

Do you have a favorite technique?
Mokume Gane.

Of everything you have created which is your favorite?
Gosh I have so many favorites. I'll just pick this pendant.

Finished


What do you prefer to make out of polymer clay and why?
Canes. They are very therapeutic.

How do you decide what to make?
I go with my mood. I don't plan.

Is there something you wish you could make in clay that you have not yet?
A bit of sculpting. I've been wanting to learn how to make tea pots without the handles and spouts falling off.

What makes polymer clay a better fit for your products than other mediums?
I have the space.

What is your best advice for someone starting out in polymer clay?
Learn all you can from others. Never give up. It might be hard at first but one day it will all come together.

Visit MyPAD.artfire.com

0 Smooshing Thoughts: