Friday, January 8, 2010

Gingerbells

Gingerbells

Photobucket


With all the mediums available for crafting why did you choose Polymer clay?
I have never used anything that was so versatile as polymer clay. It seemed to find it's way into a lot of my projects.

How did you learn to use polymer clay? Internet, experimenting, books, classes.....
Experimentation is my favorite way of learning. Then I found a great group of on line Clayers on PolymerClayCentral.com and got a lot of help and encouragement from them. I have also bought a few books. Some day I hope to take a few classes

What is your favorite tool to work with?
I would have to say my hands and my pasta machine are my favorite tools.

Do you like to work with any mediums other than polymer clay?
I do but polymer clay still finds it's way into projects. I love using polymer clay in my beading projects.

What is your favorite polymer clay technique & why?
I love making canes and beads because it makes each on of my jewelry designs like no one elses. I like the control it gives me.

What is your least favorite technique and why?
Transfers, because I find them a pain in the behind.

What is on your "to do" or "to learn" list?
I would like to learn more sculpting skills.

Do you mix your own colors? Why or why not?
I do often . I'm not sure why maybe it's the painter in me.

How do you keep your designs fresh and original?
I get bored easily so I rarely do the same thing twice so I think that helps.

What keeps you from getting into a creative rut?
When I start feeling that way I teach myself something new to get me going again.

What is your favorite brand of clay if you have one and why?
I don't really have a favorite I like them all . Each has different properties that work with different techniques. I like Kato and Fimo Classic for caning because they are firm and hold great lines they are also great for sculpting. I like premo best for bead making.

Gingerbells.artfire.com
Gingerbells.1000markets.com

0 Smooshing Thoughts: