Wednesday, January 20, 2010

yolidesignz

yolidesignz

Photobucket


With all the mediums available for crafting why did you choose Polymer clay?
Although I do not work exclusively in polymer clay, it is one of my favorite mediums. I am an organic designer; I enjoy the molding and shaping process of working with polymer clay to achieve a particular design. By working with polymer clay the design is completely my own.

How did you learn to use polymer clay? Internet, experimenting, books, classes.....
I do a lot of experimenting. I wanted to learn about this medium so I got books searched the internet to get a basic understanding. Even then I have to feel and see what the medium is doing because I learn by doing.

What is your favorite tool to work with?
My hands are my favorite tool because I have complete control. I use ever part of my hand when creating a design from my nail to my palm. Of course my hand cannot do everything but it certainly is my favorite.

Do you like to work with any mediums other than polymer clay?
I work with lots of mediums my favorite is metal. I also use paper and what ever medium I find that is colorful or can take color easily.

What is your favorite polymer clay technique & why?
Right know since I am still learning I don’t have a favorite. I have not been working in the medium long.

What is your least favorite technique and why?
I don’t believe I will like making canes; so far all of my tries have failed. I will keep trying until I get it right then I will decide.

What is on your "to do" or "to learn" list?
I am currently working on incorporating polymer into my jewelry designs. I would like to get proficient enough with the medium to do whatever my mind comes up with. I really would like to learn to blend colors. I would to blend clay with my metal piece.

Do you mix your own colors? Why or why not?
No that’s a process I am still working on.

How do you keep your designs fresh and original?
I don’t really think about it. I do what I like. I had a teacher once that told me art was play, so I play and in my play I create. I get inspiration from all around me and file in my mind, so when I sit down in my studio I let go and create. The most wonderful thing about working in clay is that you can mold and shape until the design is complete.

What keeps you from getting into a creative rut?
Working in several mediums help me with that, if I’m stuck with a design in clay, I may switch to making books, or working on something in metal. I may even read a good book until my mind clears and I can work on the design again. I never really run out of designs because I don’t always draw my designs, I play.

What is your favorite brand of clay if you have one and why?
So far sculpey works great for me; I haven’t tried much of anything else.

Is there anything else that you would like to add?
I am really grateful to you guys, I am so inspired by your work.

yolidesignz.artfire.com

0 Smooshing Thoughts: