Friday, June 10, 2011

mypolymerclaycanes, Lifeartdesigns

posted image
mypolymerclaycanes and Lifeartdesigns


I have another medium that I work in, and love just as much as polymer clay. It's metal clay. It involves many of the same processes as polymer clay such as forming, sanding, and finishing. Except for the curing or firing, which requires high temperatures in a kiln. Although, with some of the newer metal clays, you can fire them with a torch as long as the piece is not to large and doesn't contain gemstones or glass. Right now, I am using all silver clay, which is .999 fine silver after firing. Recently I purchased some bronze clay. I plan on trying that next.

I sell my silver clay pendants and jewelry in both my Art Fire shop and my Etsy shop. Here are a few from my Art Fire shop:

posted image

posted image

posted image


I also have another medium I work in (you'd think two would be enough, lol), which is resin. Here is some of my resin work:

posted image

posted image

Visit mypolymerclaycanes.artfire.com and Lifeartdesigns.artfire.com

3 Smooshing Thoughts:

Cat said...

Wow, some great pieces!

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

I love these, so unusual!

Janie said...

Thanks you guys! And thinks for the feature Star!