Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Introducing Wyverndesigns


Wyverndesigns


What got you interested in polymer clay as a medium?
I became interesting in polymer clay some years ago. I saw an artist on TV who made the most amazing pieces and I just had to try.

What inspires you to create?
I am mostly inspired by Nature, That is why a lot of my pieces are of animals or birds. Although , if something piques my interest, I will give it a try.

Do you have a favorite technique?
My favorite technique right now is making swirl lentil beads. I haven\'t quite got it down yet, but I\'m trying.

Of everything you have created which is your favorite?
These are one of my favorite pieces;



What do you prefer to make out of polymer clay and why?
I am enamored of making earrings and pendants right now.

How do you decide what to make?
Mostly, if I see something interesting I will try and make it. But I have had custom request that have turned out very well.

Is there something you wish you could make in clay that you have not yet?
I haven't found one yet.

What makes polymer clay a better fit for your products than other mediums?
I enjoy sculpting my pieces and polymer clay requires less space and materials than other ways of sculpting.

What is your best advice for someone starting out in polymer clay?
My best advice would be to work from your imagination. If you can envision it you can create it. And also keep your workspace immaculately clean, since polymer clay will pick up anything it comes in contact with and I've ruined many a piece when it picked up lint or dog fur!

Visit Wyverndesigns.artfire.com

3 Smooshing Thoughts:

MÂȘ Reyes said...

una entrevista muy interesante. Besos

Dori T said...

Great interview. I just love your creations.

Desert Rubble said...

Your work is wonderfully cute and I can see why those parrots are some of your favorites =) Bird lover here lol Wonderful interview and I look forward to seeing more of you!
Lynn