Monday, August 1, 2011

Haffina's Other Interests

by HaffinaCreations aka BeadsByHaffina aka HaffinasMinis

I do many other crafts aside from working with Polymer Clay.
Many years ago the main craft I did was cross stitch and knitting. Via this I was introduced to bead weaving, and later to jewellery making - which I guess would be my main craft currently. Although I use polymer clay pieces in a lot of my jewellery, I also use many other materials, including gemstones and metal. As part of my jewellery making I am also a Chainmailler (I'm the guildmaster of the ArtFire Chainmaille Guild), and frankly quite obsessed with linking rings together.

posted image


I still bead weave quite a lot, enjoying the process and learning new techniques. I often combine techniques from different crafts into one piece, such as combining bead weaving with chainmaille, or combining polymer clay with bead weaving or chainmaille.

posted image


In the last year or so I have become more and more interested in miniatures and this has lead to doll customisation. I love the process of taking a doll, such as a Barbie, and removing her clone-like appearance, then giving her a whole new look. I also find the process of rerooting a doll very theraputic... nothing quite like jabbing a needle repeatedly into a head LOL.

posted image


One of my favourite creative pursuits is one that I don't really get a lot of time for anymore. I discovered Mandalas quite by accident (thanks to the internet) back in 2005. It is amazingly fulfilling and almost meditative creating these, and it is a something I am working towards using in my clay work.

mandala0025

Visit HaffinaCreations, BeadsByHaffina, HaffinasMinis

4 Smooshing Thoughts:

coltpixy said...

Multi-talented!

Diane Cransac said...

Beautiful work!

Valldawn said...

So wonderfully talented & such a wonderful person!

ArtFairly Aware said...

All of your work is so detailed and lovely!