Saturday, October 15, 2011

Autumn Rain by CreativeCritters

 Autumn Rain was the theme for the Blog Roll, created by Polymer Clay Smooshers guild member Art Asylum.  I'm sitting here listening to the Autumn rain patter on the roof right now, so I'm certainly in the right frame of mind! ;-)   This is what I think of as "Halloween-y weather".  The leaves are starting to fall and crunch underfoot, the air has that crisp smell and is starting to become cooler.  And I just love smell of woodsmoke in the Fall: it takes me back to when I was a kid and we would sit around the campfire in the back yard.  My brothers and I would gather fallen sticks from the woods surrounding our house, then we'd roast marshmallows over the fire.  The dogs and sometimes the cats would hang out with us, and it was just such a happy and peaceful time.  Sometimes on rainy Autumn nights when I was cozy and dry in my bedroom I'd be lucky enough to see the owl that hunted the woods around my house.  He'd sit up in the big Oak tree next to my window.  Fall was the best time to spot him, because the tree had lost most of it's leaves and he stood out clearly.  This Owl Pendant from Art Fairly Aware reminds me of him ;-)

And I can't think of Fall without thinking of pumpkins.  These pumpkin earrings from Blue Morning Expressions are probably the prettiest pumpkins I've seen!

0 Smooshing Thoughts: