Thursday, July 1, 2010

Favorite Tool: bead roller

One of my favorite tools is the bead roller. This particular one makes three different shapes, consistently the same size.



And by varying the clay colors, one can get similar resulting patterns again and again. Here's a few different ones I tried. The bicone bead can be flattened for a nice sized lentil bead.



To keep the pattern rotating around the bead, keep the bead facing the same direction each pass through the roller. By the 5th or 6th pass through the roller, you will see a definite pattern. (this is a tip I learned according to Carol Blackburn)

And even just slicing off a twisted log and running it through the bead roller produced pretty beads.



I think I'll go whip out a new pair of earrings for work tomorrow!

Visit ClayItAgain.artfire.com

0 Smooshing Thoughts: