Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Introducing ElementalDragons

ElementalDragons

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Dragon sculptures and pendants.


What got you interested in polymer clay as a medium?
Carol Duvall....my daughter Cortney and myself were watching the many great shows that she did and saw Maureen Carlson making her little dragon and both of us were hooked. Between Maureen and Christi Friesen the Elemental Dragons were born. My daughter came up with the clans and all of their personalities by herself (feel free to read about her at www.PolymerClayforaCause.etsy.com) she has a great story behind her short life.

What inspires you to create?
I have always had the desire to create! I get my inspiration from others work (I lack in my own ability to experiment with creating). It is kinda funny....my house and life in general are very plain and boring, but in my head there is alot going on, I just wish I would sit down and DO IT!!

Do you have a favorite technique?
No not really, unless you just want to say I like to sculpt. Not so much into the jewelry.

Of everything you have created which is your favorite?
I made a dragon (back when I was just starting) who's stick broke in half. He is holding it with such a sad look on his face, I almost wanted to cry for him every time I look at him :(
Ironically he is the one who makes me get off my "booty" to do something....it is like he is telling me "It could be worst, so do it now".

Luigi of the Forrest Clan.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

How do you decide what to make?
I vary so much on what I want to make. Again I get inspiration from others, so if one person comes out with something that calls to me, I must go and try it, if I like doing it...I will tweak it around to make it something I did myself (with credit always given - for karma is always with you).

Is there something you wish you could make in clay that you have not yet?
I have always wanted to do "paintings" with clay. Like a Tiger scene made entirely of clay but not that 3D as flat as possible.....if possible???

Visit ElementalDragons.artfire.com

0 Smooshing Thoughts: