Monday, April 27, 2009

Introducing HaffinaCreations

HaffinaCreations
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Unique handmade jewellery, polymer clay beads and more.


What got you interested in polymer clay as a medium?
I am on a beading forum and some of the other ladies there make amazing polymer clay pieces and I so wanted to see if I could do it, so I bought some clay and started to play..the rest is history.

What inspires you to create?
I just get these urges to make stuff... I think everything is an inspiration. Plus I like to have new beadies to make jewellery with.

Do you have a favorite technique?
Not really, although I love mica shift and canes, and I also love to smoosh clay together and make cabachons with interesting swirls and colours.

Of everything you have created which is your favorite?
I think my favourite would be some prayer beads I made for a friend.. because they are so loved by her. She nearly wouldnt let me photograph them.. we sanded and buffed them together and she watched while I strung them. A couple of weeks later they got a major work out while she was dealing with some rough stuff.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What do you prefer to make out of polymer clay and why?
I prefer to make beads and cabochons.. because then I can use them to make unique pieces of jewellery.

How do you decide what to make?
I make what the clay tells me to make.. I play with it and see where it takes me. Sometimes I say \'I\'m going to make little beads\' and the next thing I know I have these large cabochons ready to cook.

Is there something you wish you could make in clay that you have not yet?
I wish I was better at sculpture.. I\'d love to be able to make little critters.

Visit HaffinaCreations.artfire.com

0 Smooshing Thoughts: