Thursday, April 23, 2009

Introducing RoxysRox

RoxysRox


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

RoxysRox makes jewelry and says her passion began with an interest in polymer clay.

What got you interested in polymer clay as a medium?
I used to watch the Carol Duvall show on HGTV and Donna Kato was on there several times and what she did with PC was fascinating and I just had to try it. I got some clay and dabbled in it over the years. Now I am trying Millefiore canes and I have made some pendants and beads and actually sold them. lol. What can be done with PC just amazes me.

What inspires you to create?
Right now, what inspires me is if I cannot find a particular bead style to buy, I think, I should try to make it. I am making a black and white necklace and earring set and I could not find a large black/white pendant to use for this person that loves big pendants and so I am working on making one.

Do you have a favorite technique?
Well, my technique right now is Millefiore and making canes.

Of everything you have created which is your favorite?
My favorite that I have made is a focal bead that I made a necklace out of that I just cannot part with. Here is my picture of it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


What do you prefer to make out of polymer clay and why?
I prefer to make beads with polyclay, well, because my passion is jewelry and I have seen some of the most beautiful beads made from polyclay and I want to be able to do that.

How do you decide what to make?
What makes me decide what to make? For instance, right now I am looking for a special pendant for a customer that like big pendants and she has ordered a black and white necklace set and I do not seem to be able to find that one special pendant that is "her" so I am contemplating making it from polymer clay.

Is there something you wish you could make in clay that you have not yet?
I wish I could make life like figurines out of clay. I have tried to make faces a couple of times and they just are not what I pictured in my head. I am making it a challenge to be able to do that.

Visit RoxysRox.artfire.com

0 Smooshing Thoughts: