Thursday, January 14, 2010

MichiganMud

MichiganMud

Photobucket


With all the mediums available for crafting why did you choose Polymer clay?
I love that I can do it at home, without a kiln. I also love the all the colors!

How did you learn to use polymer clay? Internet, experimenting, books, classes.....
I just started playing around with it. I am far from an expert. I would say that there is infinitely more that I don't know about it than I do!

What is your favorite tool to work with?
Rubber stamps. I love how easy it is to use a stamp and get pattern. It's really great since my drawing and carving skills are limited to the most abstract designs!

Do you like to work with any mediums other than polymer clay?
I also do ceramics.

What is your favorite polymer clay technique & why?
I really don't know. Since I'm learning by experimenting, I really don't know all the names and technicalities of different techniques. I do love experimenting with different ways of bledning colors.

What is your least favorite technique and why?
I don't think I have a least favorite. At least not yet!

What is on your "to do" or "to learn" list?
I would love to be able to make realistic figures. Every time I try they come out just silly! :)

Do you mix your own colors? Why or why not?
Sometimes. It all depends on what I'm doing and what color I'm looking for. There is such an array of beautiful colors available, that I can usually find something that will work for what I'm doing.

How do you keep your designs fresh and original?
It's tough, but I just do my best to not do the same thing too many times in a row.

What keeps you from getting into a creative rut?
When I sense myself falling into a rut or feeling uninspired, I take a break. It sometimes keeps me away from the clay for quite some time, which is not great for running a business, but it really helps with the artistic aspect of my work.

What is your favorite brand of clay if you have one and why?
I'm easy...I use just about anything.

Is there anything else that you would like to add?
I'm so happy to have found clay. After several artsy phases, I've finally found my "thing"!

MichiganMud.artfire.com

0 Smooshing Thoughts: