Monday, January 18, 2010

SassyClayCreations

SassyClayCreations

Photobucket


With all the mediums available for crafting why did you choose Polymer clay?
I have crafted with quite a few mediums over the years and when I discovered polymer clay, I was hooked. I love the texture, the colors, and the versatility is awesome. The only limits are your imagination.

How did you learn to use polymer clay? Internet, experimenting, books, classes.....
I was walking around in the craft store and saw polymer clay. So I bought some Sculpey III and took it home. I had no idea what to do with it so I checked the internet. Bingo. I began my newest creative journey.

What is your favorite tool to work with?
My number one tool would have to be my pasta machine. It is so easy to condition clay with the machine and much faster than if I were to do it by hand.

Do you like to work with any mediums other than polymer clay?
I am thinking that I would like to start sewing again. Mostly clothing and maybe costumes.

What is your favorite polymer clay technique & why?
Using stamps and iridescent powders. I love the shimmer effects and the details that are shown.

What is your least favorite technique and why?
Trying to make a cane. I just can't get the hang of it yet. Someday.........

What is on your "to do" or "to learn" list?
Learning to mix better colors. I also have some boxes that I have been saving. I would like to create something really nice for them.

Do you mix your own colors? Why or why not?
I try to mix my own colors. I recently got a book to help with that. I like making just the right shade of something to make my work "pop".

How do you keep your designs fresh and original?
I surf the internet, look through books and magazines. There are ideas everywhere. Sometimes I wake up with ideas.

What keeps you from getting into a creative rut?
Changing what I create by not making only one type of item. I have made jewelry, shelves, boxes, etc. One idea might start me thinking of something else.

What is your favorite brand of clay if you have one and why?
Fimo is my favorite clay. I like the way it feels and works.

Is there anything else that you would like to add?
I enjoy the Smoosher challenges and all the artists there. Polymer clay crafting is growing more every day and I am proud to be a part of it.

SassyClayCreations.artfire.com

0 Smooshing Thoughts: