Sunday, March 27, 2011

ArtFairlyAware's Inspiration

Knowing that what I make helps others is what inspires me to create. My main question is "How can I add coffee to that?" When I'm shopping at the craft store or thrift shop, I look at something and try to figure out how to incorporate coffee into it in a way that's interesting and beautiful. Sometimes I really want the coffee to stand out and sometimes I want it gently in the background. Nature inspires a lot of my work. I like to work with gemstones chips and nuggets that aren't perfect in shape, rather than cut stones. I like to do most of my clay work in a more free form style as well. I'm planning a trip to the Grand Canyon soon, now if that doesn't inspire me, I don't know what will!


Visit ArtFairlyAware.artfire.com

2 Smooshing Thoughts:

Anko said...

This is like a painting, gorgeous!
Ankolie's art page: http://lemondedankolie.blogspot.com/

ArtFairly Aware said...

Thank you!