Friday, March 25, 2011

Introducing handarbeitskram


handarbeitskram


What got you interested in polymer clay as a medium?
I used it as a kid for little sculptures and jewelry but then stopped for some reason. A short while ago I had a few ideas for stitch markers and couldn't find the right beads, so I decided to make them myself with polymer clay. It was so much fun, that I decided to do it a lot more in future, most likely not just for my stitch markers.

What inspires you to create?
Everything... TV series, movies, books, nature, artwork - inspiration is everywhere.

Do you have a favorite technique?
Not really, I just started to use polymer clay again and am still trying different things.

Of everything you have created which is your favorite?
So far it's my little fez stitchmarkers, but I'm sure that will change.



What do you prefer to make out of polymer clay and why?
As I said, I make stitch markers for knitting, so I mostly make beads for them.

How do you decide what to make?
When I have an idea, I try it - or a customer might request something specific.

Is there something you wish you could make in clay that you have not yet?
Lots of things, and I'll try to make them all.

What makes polymer clay a better fit for your products than other mediums?
I can create the exact shapes and colours I want

What is your best advice for someone starting out in polymer clay?
I've got no idea, I'm a beginner myself. But in general my advice for people starting a new craft or artistic medium is to have fun and to be ready to bend or break the rules. As long as the results are what YOU want, it doesn't really matter how you got there or what other people think how it should be done. It's your creation, so you should make the rules.

Visit handarbeitskram.artfire.com

0 Smooshing Thoughts: