Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Introducing BGobbleArt

BGobbleArt

Photobucket


What got you interested in polymer clay as a medium?
I took a pottery class as a child and really enjoyed it. I enjoy reading art magazines and especially love the horse sculptures. I wanted to experience sculpting again but do not live anywhere near a large kiln for firing clay pieces... I did some research and stumbled upon Polymer Clay..... it was love at first sight (feel)!!!!

What inspires you to create?
Animals! I love all animals and live on a mini "farm". So I am constantly finding new ideas. I am also inspired by others' work.Two of my favorite artists are "Amber Matties" (www.cdhm.org/user/trollgirl) and Shelly Swartz (www.polymercreationsbyshelly.com). Their work really inspires me to try new things!

Do you have a favorite technique?
Smooshing! lol! I am mostly self taught, so I don't really know the proper names of the "techniques" I use!.

Of everything you have created which is your favorite?
Actually every new piece I create is my favorite! But here is my all time favorite piece

Photobucket


What do you prefer to make out of polymer clay and why?
I love the Fantasy world! I would love to have a dragon as a pet, so I guess my favorite is creating dragon friends.

How do you decide what to make?
I usually just pick up a piece of clay and start with a vague idea like "a cat" or "a crab".... but my finished creations are rarely what I first intended to make! :o)

Is there something you wish you could make in clay that you have not yet?
Well, as I mentioned at the beginning, I really wanted to sculpt a horse... And actually, my first horse is half finished! It has been a challenge! The next thing I really want to try is a fantasy woman. Kinda something between a fairy and an everyday woman.

Visit BGobbleArt.artfire.com

0 Smooshing Thoughts: