Sunday, June 28, 2009

Introducing MickeysJewelryCreations

MickeysJewelryCreations

Photobucket


What got you interested in polymer clay as a medium?
I saw Judy Belcher on a video on the Fire Mountain bead site and ordered some clay....I was hooked.

What inspires you to create?
If there is something I've seen and want to try to make. I'll give it a try. Doesn't always turn out the first few times I try, but always return and work on it.

Do you have a favorite technique?
No......just play.

Of everything you have created which is your favorite?
My favorite is image transfers.....saw a demo and went out and bought my laser printer. Hooked on laser!!!

What do you prefer to make out of polymer clay and why?
I prefer to make jewelry with my clay. I've been making jewelry for about 5 years and added polymer clay to my list of items.

How do you decide what to make?
I don't...I just sit down and start playing with the clay. Unless of course I have a particular project in mind.

Is there something you wish you could make in clay that you have not yet?
I would love to make flower canes, just haven't had the time to play with making any as of yet.

What makes polymer clay a better fit for your products than other mediums?
I'm still pretty new to clay.....about 1 year so far.

What is your best advice for someone starting out in polymer clay?
My best advise is just to have fun. The more you play with clay, the ideas just come from somewhere.

Visit
MickeysJewelryCreations.artfire.com

1 Smooshing Thoughts: