Monday, May 30, 2011

CreativeCritters

posted image


I create a variety of different things, and tend to jump from craft to craft, or even have several different craft projects going at once. I can honestly say I've never gotten bored when it comes to creating. I had a very hard time learning how to knit though, and it was something I really wanted to be able to do. I tried learning from a book, like I'd done with most of my other crafts, but couldn't get the hang of it. It wasn't until my best friend sat down with me and actually SHOWED me how to do it that I finally learned to knit. Once I got it figured out I was off and running! I knit the usual scarves, hats, blankets, and purses, and once I was sure of myself I started knitting stuffed animals. At first I followed patterns in books, but before long I was able to create my own patterns make unique one of a kind creatures. One of my favorites is this unicorn. He's so soft and cuddly, and he's just full of character! He's available in my shop, along with a variety of other animals.

posted image


For me knitting was difficult to learn, but once I mastered the basics I found great joy in the process. I really like using soft yarn that feels good to touch. I find knitting very relaxing, and creating an adorable stuffed critter with nothing more than some knitting needles, yarn, stuffing, and some creativity seems a bit like magic.

Visit CreativeCritters.artfire.com

1 Smooshing Thoughts:

Desert Rubble said...

Oh, another OCD crafter lol Knitting is something I never even tried, I am amazed that you can knit a horse, just amazed. And the raccoon, the sheer size of that is amazing, he is wonderful!