Friday, May 20, 2011

Various Techniques

My favorite technique depends on my mood. I like working with the pearlex powders, then I shift and make mokume gane, right now I'm trying to make pendants that look like glass using translucent clay to show some depth. Oh, art sheets are really neat too.

Black and white swirled heart with translucent clay:
posted image

Mokume Gane:
posted image

Stamped clay with pearlex powders:
posted image

Visit DreamWeaversDesigns.artfire.com

6 Smooshing Thoughts:

ArtFairly Aware said...

I love them all!

Meghann said...

Oh my goodness, they are stunning! Do you give lessons? Or is there a book (or books) that you would recommend so that I could try to learn those techniques? Your pieces are just beautiful :)

MÂȘ Reyes said...

Es todo precioso. Besos

Cat said...

Lovely!

Bedecked Beads said...

The effect on the heart is brilliant, great technique!

Jan said...

Thank you all sooo much!! @ Meghann, next time you are in Maryland look me up and I'll show you how I did it LOL 8-). I have so many books that I initially bought when I started working with clay, I do a lot of googling {?sp} to look at free videos, and I joined Cindy Lietz' clay tutorials at beadvideos.com. I have a great ability to see things in my head that I think will look good, unfortunately I can't always make the real thing quite like I picture it!! Just keep researching and practicing.