Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Introducing ClayItAgain

ClayItAgain

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


What got you interested in polymer clay as a medium?
One Christmas I ran out of wooden beads for some angels I was making. When I asked my normally very generous stepson if I could have some of his modeling clay to finish my project, he told me NO. I was shocked! So I sent hubby and son to the store for wooden beads. Hubby came home with the wooden beads, but son had picked out a sampler package of polymer clay. The clay sat on the shelf until I saw Donna Kato on the Carol Duvall Show. And the rest, as they say, is history....I blame my stepson for polymer addiction...LOL

What inspires you to create?
I am always on the lookout-whether it is for things to cover, bright colors, nature, different cultures, a certain look on a person's face, miniature things....I especially love to look at other artists work (in any medium); that's always a good source of inspiration too. I can be inspired by pretty much anything at any given moment. Finding the time to follow through and actually finish creations has been the challenge lately. Currently, I have more than half-dozen projects in my studio waiting to be finished.

Do you have a favorite technique?
I think my favorite technique is the way I make hands using an armature. They are my favorite part of the body to make on an art doll.

Of everything you have created which is your favorite?
I don't think I have a favorite, but I do have a most unusual. I re-tiled part of my shower and made a ledge with polymer clay tiles mixed in with real tiles. People cannot tell the difference between the real and the polymer tiles and are amazed at how they match.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What do you prefer to make out of polymer clay and why?
I think I like making the art dolls the best; I never know what the character is going to look like or what it wants to be doing, when I begin...and they never turn out to be, what I started them to be.

How do you decide what to make?
Usually I work on whatever strikes my fancy the moment I sit at my clay station.

Is there something you wish you could make in clay that you have not yet?
I have soooo many ideas in my head (and in my idea basket) for things to make that I wonder if I'll live enough years to create them all!

Visit ClayItAgain.artfire.com

0 Smooshing Thoughts: