Monday, May 18, 2009

MANIC MONDAY: Storing Your Poly Clay Stuff

MANIC MONDAY: Storing Your Poly Clay Stuff
by intothedawn

Last week we explored a way to organize your clay. But what about all that other important stuff you have for claying? Storage bins to the rescue!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


These storage bins are from the United Solutions “Organize Your Home” product line and are perfect for so many claying extras that accumulate. The bins come in several sizes including ones that fit CD’s, magazines and there’s even a “mini” bin. They also come in several colors. They can be found at Hobby Lobby and other retailers for around $10 and under, depending on size.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


In this bin I have my bottles of glues, varnish, acrylic paints for patinas, liquid clay and more.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


In the second bin I keep my acrylic rods and rollers, mica powder containers and packages of foils and leafing. Both of these storage containers fit perfectly on a bookshelf next to my work space, so I can pull them out and access them easily while claying. By the way, if you want to stash your pasta machine when its not in use, take off the clamp and handle and it fits right into the size bins pictured! The table clamp and handle will fit in there too, nice and neat.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


As you can see, I love these bins! I have more in my craft closet full of other crafting supplies. If you’re in to labeling, you can get stick-on label windows at your office supply store, or, just whip out the Sharpies and write right on the container.

These are my storage solutions for some of my claying extras. What solutions have you come up with for yours? Please share!

0 Smooshing Thoughts: