Saturday, May 2, 2009

Introducing gamekitty

gamekitty

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Gamekitty's miniatures are so realistic they will blow your mind away! Looking for a cane to DIY? She makes those too.


What got you interested in polymer clay as a medium?
I got interested in dolls and miniatures first. Then my dollies made me fall in love with making food and other accessories for them. It kind of evolved from there to making jewelry out of my mini foods and who knows... it will probably evolve again.

What inspires you to create?
Lots of things inspire me to create my work. I draw inspirations from cookbooks, online websites, nature, and of course, my husband's cooking. He is a bad influence because I would eat his food and then make a copy of it in mini.

Do you have a favorite technique?
I would have to say that my favorite technique is caning and clay texturing. I have not done any of the other techniques yet but I am learning every day and I am having a lot of fun learning.

Of everything you have created which is your favorite?
I think this cake is one of my favorites. It is a Truffle Cappuccino Cake. It looked like a piece of chocolate. I didn't get to keep it though. I traded it with an online friend..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


What do you prefer to make out of polymer clay and why?
Personally I make whatever comes to my mind. I have many canes that I made and stowed away for that purpose.

How do you decide what to make?
It really depends. If I am not doing any orders for myself I would pick a color that I like or foods that I want to eat. Then I find pictures of it online and make it. If I get commissions a customer would just send me a picture of what they want me to make. I don't make the exact picture but it is close enough that they know that is what they wanted.

Is there something you wish you could make in clay that you have not yet?
Well I have been wanting to make more jewelry sets of different types. I am always collecting findings and chains so that when the ideas flow I have the items to make the jewelry that I wanted to make.
For more pictures and things, you can find them here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gamekitty/

Visit gamekitty.artfire.com

1 Smooshing Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

makes me hungry just looking at it